Olmstead drives business success by helping clients build and leverage a strong data foundation. The right data strategy can reduce risk, increase productivity, improve decision making, and fuel innovation. We are seeking a hands-on detail-oriented data analyst with investment management industry experience and expertise with business intelligence and reporting.
Candidates will have mastery in business intelligence and experience with SQL, data modeling, and data governance. They are not afraid to roll up their sleeves, challenge the status quo, leverage best practices, and grow beyond their comfort zone. They are an excellent communicator that uses precise language and frames messaging in business terms.
As a valued member of our expert data management consulting team, you will engage clients to document and analyze their data landscape. The Analyst will help the client grow, develop new capabilities, and optimize data management. You will deliver solutions across a wide range of data-oriented engagements, such as investment management reporting, data governance, data migrations, and data warehousing.
- Aid current state assessments by collecting information on data sources, data flows, information consumption, and information production
- Produce reports and data mashups to answer business related questions
- Trace data requirements, data sources, and data flows for processes and reports
- Proactively analyze data to answer key questions from stakeholders or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Produce project deliverables that itemize and summarize to aid comprehension and decision making
- Collaborate with client stakeholders and team members to understand analytic needs and deliver actionable insights
- Maintain a point of view on leading data management solutions available from the market, such as business intelligence, data governance, data catalog, and data quality solutions
- Possess strong business knowledge of the investment management industry and common data management operations
- Mastery creating Business Intelligence reports using Power BI and Tableau
- Proficient in design and implementation of both online dashboards and printed page reports
- Expertise organizing and managing reporting services (Power BI Service, Tableau Online)
- Skilled with version control and life cycle management of report artifacts
- Data modeling expertise for investment data domains, such as security master, accounts, holdings, transactions, etc.
- Strong hands-on SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
- Familiarity with data management conventions and best practices