If you are interested in learning how you can become a member of the Olmstead Associates Expert Network, please send an email to email@example.com
Senior Business Systems Analyst
We are seeking Sr. Business Systems Analysts to work supporting data and systems integration. The ideal candidate will bring experience in the investment management industry and strong business domain experience in investment management and/or capital markets industry. Our clients have needs that extend across the front-middle and back office. . While these roles are more technical in nature, our clients value individuals with a good background in managing requirements and testing, leading teams, good communication skills and the comfortable working between senior business and technology executives.
• Demonstrated track record of delivering technology solutions for investment management firms and strong understanding of front office process, middle office, data warehouse, business intelligence, and terminology.
• Curiosity to better understand what you do not know well and willingness to work hard to continually grow
• A computer science degree, or 5-7 years working in a technical role.
• 7-10+ years of experience in delivering technology and/or software development projects, progressing in complexity and responsibility
• 5-7+ years of leadership experience, including demonstrated success in working with technical teams and executing technical projects within a quality management framework and outsourced/vendor partner environment (both onshore and offshore)
• Proven success in the delivery of complex, best-in-class software applications
Senior Data Analyst
We are supporting Enterprise Data Management Programs at multiple investment management clients, and are currently looking to add a Senior Data Analyst to our team. The Sr. DA must have experience supporting the creation of data warehouses or the integration of data warehouses with front or back office applications (Trading Systems / Portfolio management tools or Accounting systems / Integration with custodial databases).
• 5 years’ experience working with reference data
• SQL proficiency
• Experience integrating data with multiple applications
• Proven business analyst experience.
• Ability to write detailed data interface specifications by analyzing business requirements, vendor specifications and available data models
• The ideal candidate will have supported enterprise data management programs, systems implementations and complex application infrastructure within an asset management firm.
Market / Security Reference Data Analyst for EDM Project
Our large asset management client is looking for a data analyst to help with the integration of their Enterprise Data Management (EDM) solution. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving and project management skills, solid technical abilities, and several years of experience working with security reference, derived, fundamental, or analytic data. This individual must be adept in both a team and individual contributor role.
Skills and Experience needed:
• Experience with security data (reference, derived, fundamental, and analytic data) and workflows associated with maintaining the data
• Strongly Preferred: Experience with solutions for managing reference data (e.g. Golden Source, MarkitEDM (fka:Cadis), Eagle Pace, Asset Control). Prior experience working on a reference data project implementation strongly preferred.
• Ability to create complex queries in order to analyze data and troubleshoot issues including advanced SQL skills.
• Proven relationships with leading data vendors (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Markit, IDC)
• Experience working in an Agile project environment
• Experience translating client’s needs into project requirements
• Ability to create and execute test cases which exercise the full functionality and scope of the initiative
• Demonstrated ability to combine patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot issues
• Strong understanding of financial instruments, including the relationship between products and the data required for each instrument type
• Confident, articulate, and professional communicator
Self-starting, self-motivated team player who can participate in driving this project forward.
Enterprise Data Management Project Manager
We are currently assisting a large financial services client to implement an Enterprise Data Management program and are looking for an EDM Project Manager. The EDM program is currently in the process of defining several keys projects. One of the foundational focuses of the program is the onboarding all the key data domains. A roadmap of projects and small initiatives will be identified and prioritized to improve overall data quality in the organization. There is a need for Project Managers and potentially Business Analysts and Data Analysts for the project.
Skills and Experience needed:
- 7-10 years of project management experience preferably within Investment Management firm.
- 3-5 years of experience executing data projects, preferably within an Enterprise Data Strategy Program.
- Data Domain / Master Data On-boarding
- Data Governance and Data Quality initiatives
- Data Integration re-engineering initiatives
- Data Warehouse implementations and/or enhancements
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to manage scope, drive issues to resolution, and to quickly and independently assess items that require escalation.
Business Systems Integration: Performance Measurement and Attribution
We are helping a large financial services firm implement a new performance measurement and attribution system. Our client requires additional expertise to supplement its existing team. The business systems integration consultant will be responsible for supporting data analysis, mapping and integration between core accounting applications and the performance measurement and attribution solution. The ideal candidate will have strong data analysis skills, strong SQL skills and proven experience integrating accounting data with performance or risk applications for institutional asset management firms.
Skills and Experience needed:
• Systems implementation and data mapping experience
• SQL experience
• Experience with performance (or risk) leading end-to-end implementations of performance measurement and attribution systems such as (FactSet, StatPro, Vestek, Thomson Periscope, Eagle Perform, BI-SAM) preferred
• Experience consulting preferred
Marketing Manager, Part Time
Olmstead is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager with a minimum of 5-10 years’ of experience to work 20-25 hours per week to manage multiple marketing initiatives in support of current and planned business growth. Experience or exposure to the financial services or investment management market is preferred, but not required. Working alone and with members of Olmstead’s sales and delivery teams, this person must be a self-starter who drives marketing programs from inception to successful conclusion.
- Create internal and external marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain website design, operation, and content, consistent with company messaging.
- Conduct social media outreach and manage Olmstead updates on LinkedIn.
- With help from consultants and management, design, create, edit and distribute thought leadership materials, company literature, and other forms of communication. Includes case studies, white papers, press releases, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Research conference opportunities, drive planning and coordinating conferences and Olmstead events and working groups.
- Manage and drive the company Marketing calendar (conferences, publications, events, etc., with accompanying materials required), ensuring coordination with appropriate media editorial calendars.
- Manage information related to clients, prospects and our target markets in salesforce.com, website, client holiday gift/card lists.
- Copy, edit, proofread, and revise communications. Includes all types of communications such as proposals, RFPs, mass emails; may include reports for clients.
- Research industry and competitive trends.
- At least 5-10 years of marketing experience, ideally in the consulting and/or asset management industry, with a proven track record of success in marketing to the investment management industry.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, pursue, and complete marketing efforts to drive brand awareness, market presence and sales.
- Proven ability to lead and operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed organizational structure.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Technical Skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, SurveyMonkey (optional).