Olmstead’s Data Management team is one of the fastest growing in our industry and we are seeking energetic, detail-oriented investment data experts to fill multiple full time roles. The ideal candidate will have 5 - 10 years’ experience in financial services specializing in a data profiling, analysis, modeling, metadata or a similar function. As a valued member of our expert data management consulting team, you will serve a valuable role on delivery engagements including implementing data hubs, Master Data Management solutions, data consolidations and migrations, and Data Warehousing. The right candidate will have a proven success delivering data management technology projects within an investment management firm or solution provider to the investment management industry, and has used popular data management tools to mine, analyze, transform and integrate data. The position will require operating at multiple levels at our clients including getting into detailed data analysis and requirements, producing client deliverables and/or managing other analysts.
As a key member of the Olmstead Data Management team you will work closely with other Olmstead team members. The primary objective is to elevate the client’s capabilities in the areas of data analysis, modeling, metadata management and data integration by applying Olmstead’s tools and approach to execute the following types of consulting activities:
- Assess current state capabilities, identify gaps versus leading practice and recommend future state data requirements.
- Identify opportunities for new workflows, third party ‘glossary/metadata’ tools, database architectures, and third party pre-existing data models.
- Work closely with business and technology stakeholders to assist in understanding and documenting data requirements, lineage and partnering with IT data integration and data warehouse teams to ensure requirements are effectively executed.
- Help define Data Modeling naming standards, abbreviations, guidelines, best practices.
- Enhance or design data model review processes based on client requirements.
- Based on requirements, combine datasets in order to produce data mashups as answers to business related questions.
- Counsel with other Subject Matter Experts at Olmstead on specifics topics (e.g. Trading, Performance, Operations, and Accounting) in order to accurately capture existing business rules/principles.
- Interact with business and IT stakeholders on best practice point of view.
- Deliver compelling presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce internal thought leadership, blogs and collateral on current issues and trends; internal knowledge sharing.
- Analysis and modeling experience for investment data for domains such as Security Master, Trade Master, Entity Master, Account Master and/or Client Master a key requirement.
- Hands-on experience with both the business side and IT side implementing or supporting an MDM and/or Data Warehouse and Reporting IT solutions is also required.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, data modeling tools, and data profiling tools is required.
- Utilize strong business knowledge of the Investment Management industry and common data management operations.
- Possess deep insight into business process as it relates to system integration and interface.
- Possess strong knowledge of source data or data marts along with the ability to unravel existing reporting logic back to their source systems.
- Knowledge and use of a third party tool (see below) is required. Experience with MDM systems such as MarkitEDM, Eagle, AIM Gain are a plus.
- Broad understanding of the role of data management within global markets organizations, information flow, and data governance issues.
- Experience in delivering financial services solutions preferred (investment banking, asset management, energy or oil trading).
- Passion for data exploration, data discovery is critical.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Solid communication skills and relationship building / management skills.
- BA/BS degree or higher. MBA preferred.
Experience with any of the following systems is a PLUS: Oracle (ODI, OWB), SAP Data Services, Infosphere, SAS Data Management, Informatica (PowerCenter MetaData Manager), SSIS, Talend, Cognos Data Manager, Pentaho, Workbench, Embarcadero, ERwin, MySQL, Ab Initio
- 7-10 years of project management experience preferably within Investment Management firm.
- 3-5 years of experience executing data projects, preferably within an Enterprise Data Strategy Program.
- Data Domain / Master Data On-boarding
- Data Governance and Data Quality initiatives
- Data Integration re-engineering initiatives
- Data Warehouse implementations and/or enhancements
- Understanding of project management methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to manage scope, drive issues to resolution, and to quickly and independently assess items that require escalation.
- Create internal and external marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain website design, operation, and content, consistent with company messaging.
- Conduct social media outreach and manage Olmstead updates on LinkedIn.
- With help from consultants and management, design, create, edit and distribute thought leadership materials, company literature, and other forms of communication. Includes case studies, white papers, press releases, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals.
- Research conference opportunities, drive planning and coordinating conferences and Olmstead events and working groups.
- Manage and drive the company Marketing calendar (conferences, publications, events, etc., with accompanying materials required), ensuring coordination with appropriate media editorial calendars.
- Manage information related to clients, prospects and our target markets in salesforce.com, website, client holiday gift/card lists.
- Copy, edit, proofread, and revise communications. Includes all types of communications such as proposals, RFPs, mass emails; may include reports for clients.
- Research industry and competitive trends.
- At least 5-10 years of marketing experience, ideally in the consulting and/or asset management industry, with a proven track record of success in marketing to the investment management industry.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, pursue, and complete marketing efforts to drive brand awareness, market presence and sales.
- Proven ability to lead and operate successfully in a collaborative, matrixed organizational structure.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Technical Skills: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.com, SurveyMonkey (optional).